On Saturday morning, I woke up to the incredibly annoying sound my phone makes when it is trying to wake me up. There are a lot of sounds I can sleep right through. TV, music, thunder and traffic are a few examples. Why don't I just change it? Because, then I wouldn't get up to hit snooze or turn it off. It would just keep right on beeping, playing, dinging, whatever. As bad as it is during the week, when the incessant squawking just reminds me that I have another day of work, on Saturday morning it was my worst nightmare. It meant that I had to get up and go to Boot Camp.
I have never been a boot camp kind of girl. Mostly, because I was scared. I mean, really, who actually likes to have someone in their face yelling at them while they are most likely doing something that they don't actually want to do anyway? Then I heard about the No Teacher Left Behind program by Jay's Boot Camp. Jay is the trainer for the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. Who wouldn't want to look like one of those girls even on their "fat" days? Since I haven't been able to motivate myself to go to Yoga or work out on my own, I thought, "what the hell?" I forked over $100 for a four week session which allowed me to attend as many classes at any location that I choose. Since there are classes offered three days a week in Rockwall, it seemed perfect.
After class number 1, I came home and laid on the living room floor for 30 minutes until the nausea passed. The next day, everything hurt. EVERYTHING. The day after that, it hurt even worse! But, I attended class number 2 and repeated this process all over again. I kind of liked it. Class number 3, total exhaustion, but no more soreness. In class number 4, we did so many cherry pickers, it made me want to throw away the cherries I had bought the day before. Class number 5 made me never want to lay down again and Class number 6 brought back the nausea and pain that only bleachers can bestow upon a person. It was great.
The instructors are great and the workouts are unbelievable. There is no yelling. Just words of encouragement and the right amount of push. I've even taken a few of my workouts to school and had my varsity team do them. When even girls half my age struggled I started to feel even better about what I had accomplished.
Do I like being sore? No. Do I like vomiting during my workouts? Of course not. Do I like it when my pants are a little less snug and my legs don't jiggle? Heck yeah, I do. So yes, I will keep suffering through the pain and heat. Did I mention these classes take place outside at 7PM. 107 is HOT.
Now, I'm off to eat some Oreos and milk. That is something worth working out for!
No comments:
Post a Comment