Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Enjoying all that 2011 has to offer...

I had been anticipating 2011 for months.  With a New Year's Eve wedding to get things started, I had huge expectations for an exciting year.  Excitement I certainly got, but not exactly thing kind that I was looking for.  I've listed the following incidents in bullet form because, honestly, it is an impressive list.


  • January 1 - Woke up the morning after my wedding with food poisoning.
  • January 3 - Back to school (okay, so I knew that what coming)
  • January 8 - New husband rupture artery in leg riding a bucking horse
    • Spend night in ER
  • January 9 - Moved to ICU
  • January 10 - Still in ICU
  • January 11 - Moved to regular room.  I make 9PM run to pharmacy to get Maximum Musinex so that I can ward off the sinus infection that I feel coming.
  • January 12 - Released from hospital and goes home with mother so she can take care of him ALL DAY.  Bless her heart.  He owes her.   I am unsuccessful in self-medication attempt.  Schedule doctor appt.  Cheeks so swollen even 800 of ibprofen  does not provide relief from pain and pressure.
  • January 13 - Diagnosed with first sinus infection of the year.  I will be keeping a 2011 tally.
  • January 14 - Go to Huntsville to relieve mother in law from nursing duties.  Forget prescription.  Forced to self medicate again.
  • January 18 - Get elbowed in the face spotting in practice.  Immediate swelling occurs.  One hour later, bruising has commenced.  It's gonna be a pretty one.
Here's the good news, also in bullet form but only because I like things to match.

  • My injury is completely superficial.
  • Yvan is getting healthy and should be able to ride again in four weeks.
  • I have four more weeks without worry and anxiety.
  • Tests show that I have a very good RMR.  If you ask me to explain what it is, I will just repeat what Google told me.
  • The Banks' are gonna make me skinny with this phenomenal diet plan!
  • I did an Insanity workout and didn't die.
  • Yvan and I are looking at houses to buy so we can get out of Chateau Crap.
  • I have this amazing support system that extends beyond my phenomenal family and friends, to include coworkers, my gymnasts and their families, and others that I barely know.  
With all of the craziness that this year has brought, there has always been an ear to talk to, a shoulder to lean on, or arms to cry in.  If that is what 2011 has to offer, its gonna be a good year.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I have loved seeing you evolve into this beautiful, spitfire young woman from high school until now. (BTW - you always have been beautiful and a spitful - just even more so - ha) You are honest and value the things that matter the most to you and the people you love. I'm proud of you and just love you! Take care of the "Frenchman". He's a sweetie and you tell easily see how much you mean to him in his eyes. Take care!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete